Disclaimer: your children will love this recipe. Any recipe that instructs them to jam their thumbs into cookie dough and fill it with jam is an A+ in their books. It’s a cookie that will win your heart, too. Raspberries and almonds are a winning combination and this recipe in particular highlights the flavors beautifully—lightly sweet, with a buttery almond flavor and pop of sweet raspberry goodness. If you and your children are fans of PB&J, you’ll love this cookie.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 8 tablespoons raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place almonds in a food processor and grind into a fine powder. Make sure not to over blend, or it will turn into almond butter.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl. Then use the food processor to grind the oats into a coarse flour. Combine the oat flour with the cinnamon, salt, almond, and whole wheat flour.
- Whip the oil and maple syrup together, then add to the almond-oat flour and mix well. Form into walnut sized balls and place on an oiled cookie sheet. Use your thumb to press down on the center of each ball to make ½-inch indents.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of raspberry jam to each indent. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
Ready in about 30 minutes
Makes 3 dozen cookies