Due to the addition of oats in this recipe, these pancakes are a little denser and heartier than the Simple Pancakes. Make a big steaming stack and serve them with a mug of warm tea for a cozy winter breakfast.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax seed + 6 tablespoons water)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oat bran
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (optional)
- Make the flax egg by mixing the ground flax with 6 tablespoons of water and letting it sit for 10 minutes. The consistency should resemble that of an egg.
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, milk, flax eggs, and oil. In a small separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Then combine both mixtures and stir, adding more milk if necessary for your desired consistency.
- Lightly grease a hot skillet or pan with additional oil. Pour ½-cup pancake rounds on the skillet and cook until bubbles form on the surface.
- Carefully drop 6–8 optional blueberries onto one side of each pancake, then flip and cook on the other side until golden brown.
Ready in about approx. 30-40 minutes
Makes 6 pancakes