Like a savory breakfast but don’t have much time in the morning? This recipe is for you! Make and freeze the burritos ahead of time and you have a quick and easy breakfast for the extra busy days.
- 1 batch Simple Scrambled Tofu (basic version)
- ½ cup diced potatoes
- ⅓ cup black olives
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1½ cups loosely packed spinach
- ¾ cup vegetarian meat alternative (ex: Tofurkey's Italian Sausage diced)
- 8 whole grain tortillas
- Prepare Simple Scrambled Tofu recipe.
- Add rest of the ingredients (except spinach) and stir occasionally until all ingredients are heated.
- Add washed spinach and fold into the mixture (allowing it to soften).
- Place ⅛ of the mixture in the middle of each tortilla shell. Fold the left and right sides in about 1 inch. Roll the tortilla starting from the side closest to you making sure to keep the left and right sides tucked in (this helps to keep the filling inside).
- Top with salsa and add some guacamole for extra deliciousness!
- For busy mornings, freeze tortillas in an air-tight ziplock bag. To enjoy: take the burrito out of the bag and defrost in the microwave for one minute. Top with salsa and enjoy!
Ready in about 40 minutes
Makes 8 burritos