Dark chocolate brownies just got healthier with this rich and creamy version.
- ½ cup avocado (approximately 1 small avocado)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, blend together avocado, sugar and vanilla until creamy and almost no avocado chunks are remaining.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl (except for the chocolate chips) and mix. Be careful not to overmix.
- Add the chocolate chips and pour into a greased or flour-dusted 11x7 inch pan.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
Ready in about 30 minutes