Think: biscuits & gravy. Then, think: gravy on toast? That’s much healthier, I think I’ll go with that instead! Trust me, you won’t miss the biscuit with a good slice of artisan bread and this thick, savory nut gravy. It’s the kind of breakfast that will warm you up on the chilliest of winter mornings.
- 4-6 slices of bread, toasted
- ¾ cup water, divided
- ⅓ cup Brazil nuts
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- ¾ tablespoon Bragg Liquid Aminos
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Bring ½ cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- While waiting for the water to boil, blend the rest of the ingredients (nuts, onion powder, cornstarch, nutritional yeast flakes, Bragg Liquid Aminos, and salt) until smooth in ¼ cup of water.
- Add the blended mixture to the saucepan with the boiling water. Stir over low heat until thickened.
- Pour ¼ cup of the gravy over each piece of toast and serve with an optional sprinkle of smoked paprika.
Ready in about 10-15 minutes
Makes 4-6 servings