Savory and moist, with a kick of spice, makes this rice makes a perfect main or side dish for any Latin American inspired meal.
- 1 ½ cups brown rice
- 1 ¾ cup green enchilada sauce, mild
- 2 cups water
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 4 ounce can green chiles
- 1 cup whole kernal corn
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- In a covered medium saucepan, bring rice, 2 cups of water, and 1 cup of enchilada sauce to a boil. Turn down to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the water is absorbed (about 30 minutes).
- Add the rest of the enchilada sauce, tomatoes, green chiles, and corn.
- Cover the saucepan and allow it to simmer until the rice is tender (about 15 minutes).
- Add fresh cilantro and serve warm.
Ready in about 1 hour 15 minutes
Makes 4-6 servings