Anytime of the year is a good time for nachos, especially if you’re entertaining for a big, boisterous group of friends. This recipe is quick, easy to adjust to your personal preferences, and everybody seems to love the. When you’re trying to be vegan or entertain vegan friends, nachos may seem out of the question, but this recipe answers that question with a resounding “yes”!
- 4 cups corn tortilla chips
- 1 can (15-ounce) vegetarian refried beans, warmed
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup vegan cheese sauce
- ⅓ cup salsa (homemade or store bought)
- ¼ cup Tofutti sour cream (optional)
- ¼ cup black olives
- ¼ cup lettuce, chopped
- Additional vegetables, such as bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms (optional)
- Make the Nacho Cheese-Style Sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the tortilla chips on a large cooking sheet or an oven safe plate. Cover the chips with beans, Nacho Cheese-Style Sauce, salsa, olives, and any additional vegetables (bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms).
- Bake the nachos until the chips are crispy and the cheese is bubbling, it shouldn’t take much longer than a few minutes.
- Top with fresh avocado and serve.
Ready in about 15 minutes
Makes 4-6 servings