Why such a large batch? A family of five can eat and enjoy an astonishing amount of granola for breakfast. Plus, what is granola but a perfect breakfast food, garnish, and everyday snack?
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1½ cups Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup nuts of choice
- 15 cups cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds, coarsely ground
- 1 cup raw walnuts or pecans, coarsely ground
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°F. Add the agave nectar, maple syrup, molasses, dates, and 1 cup of your preferred nuts to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the wet mixture to the oats, and then add the rest of the ingredients, mixing them together with a wooden spoon until the oats are covered with the mixture evenly on.
- Spread the mixture out evenly on multiple baking sheets, about 1⁄2-inch thick throughout. Bake in the oven for 8 hours, or until golden brown.
Ready in about 8 hours
Makes 30 servings