A popular dish originating from Spain, Paella (pie-ā-yuh) comes in many variations. This dish is often prepared family style in large, specialized pans. Spices and vegetable additions vary from region to region and home to home, so get creative!
- 1 (5 ounce) package Saffron Rice
- 1 (8 ounce) package "chicken" type veggie meat
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup of your favorite frozen veggies (like peas, corn, carrots)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ⅔ cup water
- Add all ingredients in a large frying pan. Cover and place on medium-high heat.
- Once it begins to boil, lower to simmer and stir. Keep over heat for 30-40 minutes until water is absorbed and rice is fluffily.
Ready in about 45 minutes
Makes 6 servings