We initially wrote this recipe as a pasta sauce, but we think it would be just as good, if not better, spread on warm toast, veggie dip, or salad topping. Try it as a lower carb option than pasta!
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted
- ½ lemon (plus lemon zest for garnish)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh basil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Put the garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add the pitted avocado, basil, and salt to the food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper and serve immediately.
Ready in about 15 minutes
Makes Depends on application