Just imagine digging a spoon into that creamy mellow yellow. Yum.
- 7 cups hot water
- 2 cups polenta or coarse-ground yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Mix all ingredients in a slow cooker and whisk until well blended. Cook on high setting for about 2 hours, or until the liquid is mostly absorbed. The polenta should have a thick, creamy texture.
- For sweet polenta: Top with sliced almonds, dried or fresh fruit, honey, and/or soy milk
- For savory polenta: Top with sautéed garlic, onions, mushrooms, and thyme
Ready in about 2 hours
Makes 8 servings