Spring is a beautiful season for herb-y cooking. This simple recipe takes full advantage of herbs, combining them with tender, creamy potatoes and only the freshest ingredients.
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 ounces baby spinach, sliced into ribbons
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- ½ cup fresh dill, fronds only
- 3 shallots, julienned
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling and salt water. Add the potatoes and cook until they are tender and creamy--about 15-18 minutes. Cut each potato in half and return them to the pot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, zest, olive oil, and sugar. Whisk until well-combined (it should be thick and opaque yellow). Pour over the hot potatoes and stir gently until the potatoes are coated with dressing.
- Mince the parsley leaves and dill fronds. Add the spinach, parsley, dill, and shallots to the potatoes and toss gently. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed
Ready in about 25 minutes
Makes 4-6 side servings