The combination of lemon juice, honey, and olive oil create a tangy, sunny salad dressing that helps to tenderize the kale. Toasted almonds add tons of aroma and crunch, pairing surprisingly well with creamy avocado and silky, sweet bites of diced mango. The whole melange makes for an unusually rich and delicious way to enjoy your greens — rest assured, nobody will accuse you of serving them rabbit food.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large avocado, dicd into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- Rinse and dry the kale leaves. Trim out the inner stems and discard. Slice the kale leaves into 1/4-inch thick ribbons and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to the bowl with the kale, along with the lemon juicer and salt. Using your hands, squeeze and massage the kale for three minutes, until it has wilted considerably.
- Stir in the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, and honey.
- Gently fold in the diced mango, avocado, and chopped nuts.
Ready in about 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings