Quesadillas, another recipe you might have thought would become obsolete in your plant-based repertoire. Feel free to kick this recipe up a notch with some corn, mushrooms, and onions for a balanced lunch.
- 6 whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (6-ounce) can diced fire-roasted green chiles
- 1 (15-ounce) can refried beans (Rosarita’s Fat-Free Zesty Refried Beans preferred)
- ½ cup Daiya Cheddar Style Cheese Shreds
- Tofutti sour cream, salsa, or guacamole, to serve
- Heat oil in a medium pan and add the minced garlic, green chiles, and refried beans. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, continuously stirring to prevent the beans from burning. Turn off heat and stir in Daiya cheese. The cheese does not need to melt.
- Lay down a tortilla in a separate skillet and evenly spread with a layer of filling. Place a second tortilla on top and use a spatula to flatten the tortillas together. Cook over medium-high heat on both sides until the edges are crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve with Tofutti sour cream, salsa, or guacamole.
Ready in about 10 minutes
Makes 4-6 servings