Best tofu salad without the eggs and mayonnaise! Who said vegan eats had to be tasteless? Still not convinced? Try this tofu salad out and you’ll see for yourself why dressing up your ordinary tofu never got tastier.
- 1 (16-ounce) package firm tofu, drained
- ¼ cup celery, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon green onion, minced
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon reduced-fat Vegenaise
- Using a paper towel or dishtowel, squeeze as much moisture out of the tofu as possible. In a medium-sized bowl, use your hands to crumble the tofu. Mix the crumbled tofu with the rest of the ingredients. Serve between slices of whole-wheat bread or crumble on top of salad.
Ready in about 10 minutes
Makes 4-6 servings