This recipe is a great filling for sandwich or a taco shell. You could even use as a dip with some corn chips.
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 2 ribs celery, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon dill, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt (for the filling)
- 1 avocado diced (optional)
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt (for the cashew mayo)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Using a food processor and the ‘S’ blade, pulse the chickpeas until you have a chunky texture. (Do not over process, otherwise you will have a humus texture.) Place chickpeas in a separate bowl.
- Next, using a high-speed blender, add the raw cashews, water, ½ teaspoon of salt, lemon juice, and onion powder to the blender.
- Blend on high until you achieve a creamy texture. Pour over chickpeas.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until everything is coated with the cashew mayo.
- Serve over your favorite bread or add to lettuce cups. You can also use this filling as a dip.
Ready in about 7 minutes