This recipe is a great replacement for a meatloaf or similar type of recipe. It goes great with gravy and mashed potatoes or sliced on a sandwich. We recommend you serve it with a side of our basic gravy.
- 1 cup tofu
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 2 cups Special K (optional)
- 3 cups bread crumbs
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add tofu, sage, salt, onion powder, and garlic to your food processor and purée.
- Pour the blended mixture into a mixing bowl. Then, add the onions and pecans to the food processor and blend very well.
- Add the nut and onion mixture to the mixing bowl. Then add the bread crumbs and Special K and mix everything well.
- Put the mixture into a baking pan and spread so it is 1 to 1½ inches thick. Cover with foil and put into the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour. Then, remove the foil from the pan and bake for 30 more minutes. This will give the loaf a crunchy texture.
- The loaf should bake to a dry, meatloaf-like consistancy.
- Remove the loaf from the oven, cut into pieces, and serve with a side of gravy.
Ready in about 2 hours