While on a recent trip to Europe, my boyfriend's sister made this amazing pasta salad for us several times – once while in Italy, and it felt extremely authentic!
- 1 box penne pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 cups arugula, loosely packed
- 1 6-ounce can olives, sliced
- 1 jar (about 8 ounces) sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts (optional), packaged in water
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (small) clove garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and pour into a large bowl.
- Into the bowl: add washed arugula, olives, sun-dried tomatoes (including the oil it is preserved in), diced onion, and artichoke hearts (cut the hearts into smaller pieces first). Mix.
- In a separate bowl: add ketchup, olive oil, and minced garlic. Stir until well mixed. Add sauce to the pasta mixture and stir until evenly mixed.
- Add salt to taste and serve.
Ready in about 30 minutes
Makes 8 servings