Enjoy Latin American food but like to mix it up a bit? Try this healthy, creative and delicious way to eat your dark leafy greens!
- 16 ounces Crimini mushrooms
- 6 cups packed, chopped kale
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 large red onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- vegan cheese shreds or crumbles, salsa, or lime (optional)
- Mince the garlic and slice the onions into quarters. Sauté in a frying pan in 2 teaspoons of olive oil over med-low heat.
- Slice the mushrooms and add them to the frying pan. Continue to sauté until very soft and starting to caramelize (approximately 15-20 minutes).
- Heat the oven to 425°. Wash and rib the kale (remove the large stems, keeping the leaves). Mix with the remaining olive oil, add salt and bake spread out on a cookie sheet until crisp (approximately 15-20 minutes).
- Add the baked kale to the cooked mushroom mixture.
- Warm the tortillas over medium heat in a frying pan.
- Stuff the tortillas with the mushroom and kale filling. Top with vegan cheese, salsa, or lime. Enjoy!
Ready in about 30 minutes
Makes 4 people