Everyone loves beans and rice, especially when it's done as easily as this.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, liquid reserved
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ tablespoon dried onion flakes
- Film the bottom of the crockpot with olive oil, then add the rice. Toss to coat rice with olive oil. Add the beans and drained tomatoes.
- Add water to the tomato liquid, to bring the liquid to 2 full cups. Add 2 cups of tomato juice/water mixture to the crockpot. Then, add seasonings, stir well, and cover.
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours. You'll know it's ready when the rice is tender.
Ready in about 3-6 hours
Makes 4-6 servings