Flavorful and studded with colorful vegetables, this rice dish would easily complement any number of entrees.
- 1 cup onion, diced (or ¼ cup dried onion flakes)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- ½ tablespoon Homemade Curry Powder
- 10 mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- Trepare the brown rice according to the package's instructions.
- Place the diced onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ¼ cup water and salt. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Toss together and heat to serving temperature.
Ready in about 20 minutes
Makes 6-8 side servings / 4-6 main servings