This recipe is so, incredibly healthy and a perfect throw-together meal. Pull it together even quicker by forgoing the tortillas altogether and turning it into an extremely nutritious lentil salad bowl instead.
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- ⅔ cup brown lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch kale (6-7 leaves), de-stemmed and chopped
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin seeds, toasted (optional)
- Combine lentils and ½- 2 cups of water in a pot. Bring to a boil, then turn to low. Simmer, covered for 20 minutes, until tender but not falling apart. Drain then rinse.
- Pour the lime juice into a bowl. In a mortar and pestle, combine garlic, cumin, and salt, and pound to a paste. Add the garlic mixture to the lime juice, then add the pepper. Whisk in 3 tablespoons of the oil.
- Add the kale to the lime juice/garlic mixture and massage the dressing into the leaves for a minute or two. When the lentils are done, stir those in as well.
- Spoon the mixture onto warm tortillas, sprinkling the pumpkin seeds on top, and serve.
Ready in about 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings