This healthful salad can be prepared ahead of time, stored in the fridge, and served cold, looking as bright and refreshing as a rainbow.
- 1 bunch kale, washed, dried, de-stemmed, and chopped
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 2-3 avocados
- 1 lemon, juiced
- sea salt, to taste
- Make the dressing: peel the avocados, mash, add the lemon juice, and salt to taste. Mix together and add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Massage the dressing into the ingredients to soften and coat the kale.
Ready in about 10 minutes
Makes 4-6 servings