One of the best creamy (vegan) pasta sauces ever. Ever ever.
- 1 large ripe tomato
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 packed up fresh basil, finely chopped
- Chop the tomato and add it to the blender, gradually adding the cashews, water, and tomato paste. Blend until smooth.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to a large skillet and heat to low. Add the minced garlic and sauté for a few minutes, being careful not to burn it.
- Pour the sauce from the blender into the skillet, stir, and bring to a simmer. Add the salt and let it cook for 4-5 minutes, watching closely. You may add water to thin out the sauce to your desired consistency.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in the chopped basil and pepper. Add the sauce to pasta, salad, brown rice, or even on toast
Ready in about 10 minutes
Makes Depends on application