Vegetables really don't get simpler and tastier than this herbacious, roasted form.
- ½ large onion, chopped in large pieces
- 1 sweet potatoes, chopped in large cubes
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut in medium chunks
- 5 red potatoes, chopped in large cubes
- 1 celery stalk, chopped in 2-inch lengths (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- handful basil, chopped
- 6 stems fresh thyme (or ¼ dried)
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place all of the chopped ingredients in a large bowl and toss together with the seasonings and olive oil until the vegetables are well coated.
- Transfer the vegetables to a roasting pan and place in the oven. Roast for 30 minutes, then carefully turn the vegetables over. Roast again until the vegetables are tender on both sides, about 20 minutes. Salt to taste and serve.
Ready in about 50 minutes
Makes 8-10 servings