I truly cannot imagine a more perfect pasta dish, especially when it comes to warm summer evenings. This is about as fresh, comforting, and bright as pasta dishes get.
- 4-5 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 package thin whole wheat or gluten-free spaghetti
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roast the tomatoes: Toss the tomatoes with the vinegar, olive oil, garlic and salt. Spread the tomatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast until shriveled and lightly browned—about 20-30 minutes. Scrape the tomatoes and juices into a large bowl. Add the spinach to the bowl.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Toss the pasta with the spinach, roasted tomatoes, and basil, then sprinkle with toasted pine nuts.
Ready in about 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings