Despite its thorny, armor-like exterior, research suggests that every effort should be made to eat artichokes. This super food dip is lighter than normal but still packed with flavor!
- 9 oz. frozen spinach
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped water chestnuts (optional)
- 1 (15 oz.) can artichoke hearts, water-packed
- ¾ cup Mori-nu tofu, firm
- ¾ cup Cashew Mayo or store-bought light vegan mayo of choice
- 3 tablespoons diced pimientos (optional)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon crushed garlic
- ½ tablespoon dill weed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Thaw spinach, squeeze out most of the moisture, and put in mixing bowl with onion, green onion, and water chestnut.
- Rinse and drain artichoke hearts and pulse in food processor until coarsely chopped. Add into bowl with spinach.
- Blend the next 9 ingredients in the same food processor and mix in with the spinach mixture.
- Serve with whole-wheat crackers, sliced vegetables, your favorite whole-wheat baguette.
Ready in about 10 minutes
Makes 12 servings