I admit, I like pasta. I also like health and variety. Meet a new and healthy way to have your pasta in a (perhaps shockingly) delicious dish!
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 box rotini pasta (or favorite shape of pasta)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup soaked cashews (optional)
- 2-3 drops liquid smoke (optional)
- Optional: Soak 1/4 cup of raw cashews in hot water for 2-3 hours (for a creamier sauce). Drain water before using.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Wash the butternut squash and cut it in half lengthwise. Place the two halves on a baking sheet with open sides facing up. Roast the squash for 40 mins or until you can easily stick a fork into it.
- Once the squash is cooked. Prepare the pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, use a large spoon to scoop out the insides of the squash into a blender (being careful not to include the outer peel). Add seasonings and optional ingredients, if desired. Blend until smooth.
- Add sauce to drained pasta and serve. Enjoy it by itself or topped with our delicious pesto!
Ready in about 1 hour