Hearty enough to be a meal on its own, this salad is beautifully composed and complex, with basil, smooth avocado chunks and crunchy bits of celery and almond.
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1¼ cup long-grain rice (wild/brown rice blends preferred), uncooked
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup almond slivers or pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons basil leaves, julienned
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a medium pot. Add rice and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked through—about 50 minutes. Drain rice and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add avocado, sundried tomatoes, celery, almond slivers, basil, lemon juice, garlic powder, and sea salt to rice and stir until thoroughly combined.
Ready in about 1 hour
Makes 2-4 servings