I was tempted to name this “Tangerine Julius” because of how intensely similar it tastes to the drink sold at the popular mall food court staple “Orange Julius.” It’s frothy, vividly orange, and feels like you’re eating a glass of sunshine.
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 10 tangerines, peeled
- 1 tray ice cubes (about 16 cubes)
- Place the dates, milk, vanilla extract, and agave nectar in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the tangerines, then blend until smooth. Finally, add the ice cubes and blend until smooth again.
Ready in about 5 minutes
Makes 7 servings