This recipe is inspired from the Weimar Institute which I modified to use almonds in lieu of peanuts. It goes especially well as a dipping sauce for spring rolls, a salad dressing, or pour over a baked potato.
You can store the sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup filtered water, hot
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos, coconut aminos, or soy sauce
- (optional) salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients, and stir together until everything is well combined.
Ready in about 10 minutes