Creamy and textured like egg salad, this sandwich will make you forget the real thing.
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- ½ cup avocado
- 1 tablespoon Cashew Mayo or store-bought light vegan mayo of choice (optional)
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- Either in a food processor or in a bowl, smash chickpeas and avocado until desired texture is reached.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and spread ½ cup of salad onto whole wheat bread.
- Add other optional sandwich fillings such as sliced cucumber and spinach.
- Another option is to eat as an open-face sandwich and load up with veggies.
Ready in about 10 minutes
Makes 6 servings