The simplest (and possibly the tastiest) breakfast option for when you’re on the go.
- 4 thick slices of multi-grain bread
- 1 ripe avocado
- pinch of salt
- ¼ lime, juiced (1 teaspoon)
- ½ cup black beans, warmed (optional, for added protein)
- 1 large tomato, sliced (optional)
- Pit the avocado, then scoop the flesh out of the skin into a small bowl. Sprinkle on salt, then spritz with the lime.
- Mash with a fork (mash well to create a smooth spread, or mash just a few times to create a chunky spread).
- Toast the bread, then spread the avocado on each slice, adding sliced tomato and/or a spoonful of black beans on top for added protein.
Ready in about 10 minutes
Makes 2 servings