It doesn’t get any easier than this to add a tasty protein entree to your meal. It’s also good as a “meat” at breakfast, in sandwiches or cubed and mixed into a vegetable stir fry.
- 1 (14 oz) block firm tofu, rinsed and drained
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- sprinkle of salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Pat tofu block with a paper towel to remove excess water. Cut tofu into cubes, slices, or any other desired shape and put in a medium bowl.
- Add oil, seasonings, and lemon juice and mix well to incorporate.
- Spread tofu evenly on a lightly greased baking pan. Bake for 30-45 minutes flipping midway through. The longer you bake the tofu, the firmer it will become.
- This recipe is great on its own or as added protein to any dish. Feel free to play around with spices to give it a different twist.
Ready in about 35 minutes
Makes 2-4 servings