Give your whole grain crackers and fresh cut veggies something different to cheer about. The secret to this great dip is to use lots of garlic and lime.
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup roasted tomato with chipotle salsa*
- ¼ cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- pinch salt, more to taste
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- *If you can't find roasted tomato with chipotle salsa, use any salsa and add ½ - 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder or one tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo sauce.
- Rinse and drain black beans. Set aside about ½ cup of the beans.
- Place remaining beans and all other ingredients in a blender or food processor.Blend until it reaches desired texture. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Place in a bowl and stir in the remaining black beans as well as optional cilantro.
- Great served warm, cold, or at room temperature.
Ready in about 5 minutes
Makes 10 servings