It’s hard to beat a rich and creamy Alfredo sauce over fresh pasta. It’s also something that you may have ruled out in your vegan journey. Fortunately, the creamy, smooth flavor of Alfredo is a taste that can be replicated without the addition of dairy products. Not only that, it can be whipped together in less than 15 minutes.
- 1 (16-ounce) package silken tofu
- 1½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons onion powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley (for garnish)
- Blend all of the ingredients, except parsley, in a high-speed blender until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the mixture to a pot and cook on the stove at medium-high heat until it thickens.
- Stir the mixture constantly so it does not burn. Sprinkle the parsley on top and serve.
Ready in about 15 minutes
Makes 2 cups