This isn’t just beans and rice, this is beans and rice with a kick!
- ¼ cup water
- 1 medium onion, minced
- ½ green pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 medium zucchini, minced
- 1 jalapeno , seeded and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15.5 oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- brown rice for serving
- Heat the water in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, zucchini, garlic, and jalapeno. Cover and cook until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, cumin, and oregano, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, and salt. Cook for another 15 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally.
Ready in about 30 minutes
Makes 5-6 servings