This is as much a dessert as it is a breakfast. Seriously, when’s the last time you had dessert for breakfast, and didn’t feel guilty about it? These parfaits taste like a decadent frozen dessert, but only involve layers of overnight chia-seed pudding, frozen banana cream, and an array of mix-ins (or you can also plop everything in a bowl if you prefer not to layer them).
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Raspberry Cream: 1 frozen banana + 4 fresh raspberries
- Chocolate Cream: 1 frozen banana + 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- Optional Toppings: chopped fruit, nut butter, unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted nuts, granola, or jam
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl and place in the fridge overnight. The next day, layer the chia-banana mixture with raspberry and/or chocolate cream and sprinkle with additional fruit and granola, if desired.
Ready in about Overnight
Makes 1 serving