This is one of my all time favorite ways to have oatmeal. Toss the ingredients together the night before and it’ll be ready to go in the morning.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups unsweetened almond or soy milk
- ⅓ cup agave nectar (omit if diabetic)
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseeds (or whole chia seeds)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas, chopped
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- Optional mix-ins: blueberries, chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together, including the optional mix-ins. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight, or at least 2 hours.
- Give it a stir in the morning and serve cold with granola on top and additional berries and nuts on top.
- Can keep in the fridge for 2–3 days.
Ready in about 10 minutes
Makes serves 4