A cookie bar with a ton of peanut butter flavor, this blondie has a low glycemic twist with the blended chickpeas.
- 1 (15 oz.) can of low-sodium chickpeas or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium ripe banana
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Lightly grease 8x8" baking pan.
- Blend all ingredients except nuts and chocolate chips into a food processor until well combined.
- Fold in any additional toppings and spread mixture into a baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes and let it cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Remember to enjoy just one portion!
Ready in about 30 minutes
Makes 16 servings