The recipe is simple but the unique roast-y flavor and sheer beauty makes it the perfect dish to bring to a winter potluck dinner.
- 3 small beets, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Mix all ingredients together, except the tarragon and pecans.
- Layer the sliced beets and carrots on a roasting pan. Roast for 25 minutes, turning occasionally, then remove from the oven and sprinkle with pecans and tarragon before serving.
Ready in about 45 minutes
Makes 4-6 servings