A little roasting goes a long way, especially when you have the perfect combination of waxy red potatoes and herbs. Don’t limit these to only breakfast; they’d make a perfectly decent side dish to any of our main recipes.
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, halved widthwise
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered and sliced ½-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt, to taste
- 4 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary, chopped
- 4 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme, chopped
- Optional flavorful addItions:¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes ¼teaspoon cayenne pepper2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Distribute the potatoes and onions evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with oil and salt, and then toss to coat (it helps to use your hands for this).
- Place in the oven and roast for 35 minutes. A"er 35 minutes, remove the potatoes from the oven, sprinkle with herbs, toss to coat, then return to oven and roast for 20 minutes longer. #e potatoes should be brown and tender.
Ready in about 60 minutes
Makes 4-6 servings