All it takes is a pinch of turmeric for tofu to take on the same color as eggs! Make the base scramble and optionally stir in as much or as little of the suggested add-ins to create your own perfect tofu scramble recipe.
- 1 package medium firm tofu, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon butter-flavored salt (optional for "eggier" flavor)
- Optional vegetable add-ins: chopped tomatoesbroccoli floretscubed zucchinidiced red, orange, yellow bell peppers chopped spinachsliced carrots cauliflower florets sliced mushroomsdiced onionsadditional minced garlic
- Optional herb add-ins: cilantro parsley basil oregano
- Optional spice add-ins: cumincayenneCreole seasoning
- Press the excess water out of the tofu: Place tofu on a flat surface and lay a dry dishtowel on top of the tofu. Gently press down on the towel with your hands or a heavy book to remove any the water.
- In a pan over medium heat, sauté the garlic with optional vegetables and a little water. Crumble the tofu with your hands into the pan. Add the soy sauce, turmeric, and butter-flavored salt. Sauté the mixture until heated through and the tofu is evenly coated.
Ready in about 20 minutes
Makes 2-4 servings