These hearty lettuce wraps are a great option for a fresh, but fulfilling meal. Top them with our Mango Avocado Salsa.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 sweet onion, minced
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro or parsley
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, to taste
- ¼ to ½ cup bread crumbs (if needed)
- 12-24 lettuce leaves (depending on size)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and bake sweet potato for 45 minutes or until tender. Set aside and cool. Peel and place in a blender or food processor with chickpeas. Lower the oven to 350°F. (If you don't have much time, microwave your sweet potato. Poke holes in the sweet potato, and cook on high for 7-8 minutes.)
- While the sweet potato is cooling, sautée the onion in 2 tablespoons of water over medium heat. When water evaporates and pan begins to brown, add a little more water. Cook onions until translucent. Place sweet potato and chickpeas in food processor and process until almost smooth.
- In a medium bowl add sweet potato mixture, sautéed onions, cilantro or parsley, oat flour, spices and salt. If consistency is too moist to shape into patties, add bread crumbs (about ¼- ½ cup).
- Shape into golf ball-sized balls and press flat to about ½ inch thickness. Place on parchment paper covered sheet pan or cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping patties after 10 minutes.
- To assemble, place patties in lettuce leaf.
Ready in about 65 minutes
Makes 6 servings