The bright flavor and herbiness of parsley is too often set aside as a plate garnish. Tabbouleh is a fresh, lemony recipe that highlights the taste of parsley rather than just the look of it.
- ½ cup bulgur wheat
- 2 cups fresh parsley, minced
- 1 cup fresh mint, minced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Soak the bulgur in room-temperature water and cover until the bulgur becomes tender, about 30 minutes. Drain well, squeezing out as much water as possible.
- Combine the bulgur with parsley, mint, tomatoes, and onion. Whisk the olive oil with lemon juice and toss with the salad. Season with salt to taste.
Ready in about 30 minutes
Makes 8-10 servings