When you feel like Mexican food but you want something light, go for it!
- 1 large head of romaine, chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sweet corn
- 5 green onions, diced
- 2 cups tortilla chips (preferably high fiber)
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
- ½ large avocado
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, more to taste
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Blend all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Place all salad ingredients except tortilla chips in a large bowl and toss with dressing.
- Crush tortilla chips over salad and serve immediately. (If preparing the recipe ahead of time, save this step until just before serving.)
Ready in about 10 minutes
Makes 5-8 servings