A sweet potato is sweeter but much lower on the glycemic index than a potato. Try this super tasty variation on a classic side.
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into long strips
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- The juice and the zest of 1 small lemon
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out a single layer of sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 15 minutes and turn fries. Bake until they are soft and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Heat water and garlic in a pan over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add sweet potato fries and lemon juice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley and lemon zest.
Ready in about 40 minutes
Makes 3 servings