A zingy southwestern take on a summer classic. Be sure to take this one with you on your next picnic.
|½||yellow onion, chopped|
|½||jalapeno, seeded and chopped|
|1 (14.5 ounce)||can||black beans, drained|
|½ cup + 2 tablespoons||rolled||oats|
|1||tablespoon||fresh cilantro, minced|
|¼||cup||breadcrumbs (gluten-free optional)|
|½||teaspoon||salt, or more to taste|
- Place the onion, jalapeno, and garlic in a food processor and pulse 5-6 times.
- Add the beans, oats, corn, cilantro, cumin, curry powder, and cayenne, season to taste with salt, and pulse 8 times. Scrape down the sides of the food processor and pulse an addition 5-8 times, depending on your desired texture.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of oil into a skillet and heat to medium.
- Form the burger mixture into 4 equal patties. Cook the patties for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until a crust develops and the patties are heated through.
- Remove the patties from the heat and place onto burger buns. Assemble the burger with toppings and condiments of your choice.
Prep Time: 20-30 minutes Serving Size: 4 patties