It's chocolate and it's vegan, what more could we say!
|2 ¼||cup||all-purpose flour|
|3||teaspoons||egg replacer powder||http://www.ener-g.com/egg-replacer.html|
|1 ½||teaspoons||baking soda|
|½||cup||unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1||teaspoon||vanilla or almond flavoring|
|½||cup||cocoa (or ⅔ cup for dark chocolatiers!)|
|2 ½||cups||powdered sugar|
|teaspoon||vanilla or almond flavoring|
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place vegan margarine in a bowl and microwave until soft, about 10-15 seconds, or let margarine sit at room temperature until soft (no more than 30 minutes).
- Add sugar and blend with high-speed hand mixer until smooth (about 30 seconds).
- Add flour, egg replacer powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa.
- Add water while blending butter mixture and dry ingredients together. Blend on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute (until lumps are gone) and then on medium for 1 minute.
- Add vanilla or almond flavoring and blend until well mixed (about 10 seconds).
- Pour into well greased bundt pan or other cake pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. When timer goes off, test cake by sticking a knife about two inches into it. If the knife comes out clean, the cake is finished. If the knife comes out gooey, stick the cake back in the oven for a few more minutes. (If the knife comes out just a little gooey, try 3 more minutes and then test again. If the knife comes out very gooey, try 5-7 more minutes of baking before testing again).
- Add first four ingredients in a bowl and blend with high-speed hand mixer on high for about 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Add vanilla or almond flavoring and blend on medium speed until well mixed, about 10-15 seconds.
- Let cake cool in the pan for about 10 minutes after coming out of the oven. Then place a large plate over it (pretty side down) and while holding the pan and plate, flip both over simultaneously and set down. The cake should fall onto the plate nicely during the flip. If the cake is stuck to the pan, slide a knife between the edge of the cake and pan to loosen it and try again.
- Frost cake once it has cooled to the touch, and enjoy!
Prep Time: 1 hour Serving Size: 12 servings