For obvious, basil-and-corn-related reasons, this salsa is best on wonderfully hot summer days.
|5||ears||fresh white corn, shucked (or 1 bag frozen white petite corn)|
|½||cup||red onion, finely diced|
|2||tablespoons||fresh lime juice|
|1||teaspoon||extra virgin olive oil|
|½||cup||fresh basil leaves, julienned|
|1||jalapeno, seeded and finely diced ( to taste)|
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the shucked corn, and boil for 3 minutes.
- While the corn is boiling, prepare a large bowl of ice water.
- After 3 minutes, drain the corn, then immerse it in icy water to halt the cooking process.
- When the corn is cool, cut the corn kernels off the cob.
- Combine the corn with the rest of the ingredients and serve.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes Serving Size: 2½ cups